Hello all members of Cimmarian (including admins) this will explain all our rules just remember that rules can be added in the future and this is a growing effort to keep things clean.
Some rules have a 3 step system some are more lenient some will get you instantly banned
Please try your best to take screen shots of chat if you wish to report something
1. (Verbal/Kick/Ban) No discussion of any illegal activity or threats of violence (ie. illicit drugs, including medical marijuana, threats of suicide, self-injury, or physical harm). Discussions of suicide and self-harm are not permitted.
2. (Kick/Ban) No use of explicit, racist, obscene or vulgar language, images or messages.
3. (Kick/Ban) No posts that attack, insult, flame, defame, or abuse others. Respect other members' opinions. We should respect all points of view. Flaming/Trolling will not be tolerated.
4. (Warn/Kick/Ban) No advertising or links to advertising or "Spam" is permitted.
Advertising or spam is defined as posting a link for the purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting something.
Links promoting fundraising, advocacy, etc. are not permitted.
Links to personal blogs/homepages are allowed in member profiles and signatures
Sharing of links to helpful and relevant web sites and resources is allowed if they are not used for a promotional purpose.
5. (Warn/Kick/Ban) No posts regarding research studies, surveys, or clinical trials without prior approval from the forum administrator.
6. (Warn/Kick/Ban) No posts of copyrighted material, lengthy articles, or posts of an overtly political or religious nature (ie. proselyting).
7. (Kick/Ban) Do not post offline personal contact information (ie. your home address, phone numbers etc.) and do not ask for personal information from others. This is to protect your security and identity. (You may use real names in chat if user gives permission)
8. (Removed Admin Status) Admin Officers are not to pick on other members or favor members or they will be removed as admin when proven guilty.
9. (Removed Admin Status) Admin Officers must follow rules as any member or they will be removed.
10. If you have been banned you can submit a un-ban appeal in the forums.
11. If you have a bothersome member who you do not get along with please select to block them on steam from communicating with you.
Report posts that violate the rules. If you don't tell admins they may not be looking so please let them know if someone is offending you or causing personal harm in chat.
Admins are instructed to tell heated members to take issues to private chat if they do not cooperate they will both be kicked from chat.
1. Check for open topics. Before posting a new topic, please check to see if there is already a topic open on the subject.
2. Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, let a moderator know.
3. Report posts that violate the rules.
4. Use good judgement.
5. Lend a helping hand. A bit of compassion can go a long way toward helping people with life's challenges and reaching out can help alleviate feelings of loneliness. Don't be a troll.
6. Don't be afraid to share.
7. Welcome new members. Help new folks "learn the ropes" about how to find information and resources, save time, and how to get involved.
8. Use descriptive titles for new posts. Avoid "generic" post subjects like "Help" or "Question". You will receive a better response to your posts by making your title more descriptive about the content of your post.
9. Be respectful of moderators in both the forums and any private communications.
10. Stay on topic. Posts which are not relevant to the forum topic may be deleted.
11. Keep posts family friendly. If it shouldn’t be viewed by minors, then it shouldn’t be posted to the forums or chat rooms.
12. Please do not post anything offensive ( I.e. no pornographic content, not excessive violence content, no drugs content, and so on.)
Know Your Moderators/Admins:
Cimmarian Community forum and chat room are moderated by volunteers that have some special understanding of the rules and needs of the group. While they may not have answers to all your questions, moderators are here to help in any way they can. You can spot a moderator because their profile indicates that they are moderators in the forums or a STAR in chat. They are also listed on the main Cimmarian group page.
Moderators have the right to edit or delete posts without prior notice that violate of the rules above. If you have a question for a moderator on a decision, you can email them and discuss it privately. They may not see things the same way you do, but they are open and approachable.
Members that do not abide by the rules may be subject to having their posts edited or deleted, their member account permanently banned from further access and/or deleted without notice.
Rules and guidelines may change at any time, please re-read them regularly.